The Director of Mission Integration (DMI) serves the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership (NCCL) as a full-time exempt professional staff member responsible for ensuring that NCCL is effective in the development and engagement of its membership. Reporting to the Executive Director, the DMI is responsible for the creation and execution of on-going training and formation opportunities for our membership and a communication plan in accord with the mission and strategic vision. The DMI will also strengthen collaborative efforts with national partner organizations.
General Responsibilities and Requirements
- Promote and enrich the understanding of the work and role of NCCL
- Study and share best practices and trends for impactful deepening of the mission and its effectiveness
- Attentively envision and innovate resources/programs to continue advancing the organization’s mission into the future
- Facilitate mission education and mission discernment contribution of members
- Nurture and encourage ongoing partnerships within the organizational structure
Communication and Relationship Development Responsibilities
- Promote consistent and effective communication with constituents, including social and Web-related communications
- Assist in the development of mission awareness and engagement with all members through direct mail, email, phone, websites, social media, peer-to-peer, volunteer tools, and other mass communications tools as needed among NCCL’s various members, stakeholder constituencies, and potential new organizational relationships
- Ensure the communications, branding and story of the organization and its mission is consistent and comprehensive across all platforms and relationships
- Strengthen organizational identity through collaboration and engagement with program performance, policies and procedures, global ends and ends policies
- Provide leadership and guidance on the implementation of strategy and vision
- Promote social exchanges and processes through digital methodologies (WordPress and established social media platforms.)
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the Executive Director. NCCL reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal education and office environment
- Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and public life and shall govern his/her professional and public life in accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate adherence to Catholic moral strictures.
- Articulates and demonstrates a personal understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of NCCL and the Catholic Church; be in full communion with the Church.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and significant familiarity with catechetical documents and formation, and evangelization methods for diverse age groups
- Evidence of successful program management, development and oversight
- Strong ability to lead and collaborate, balancing between an independent self-motivator and engaged team player
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience with database tools and knowledge of Internet technology – Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of: (1) Microsoft Office on both Mac and PC (2) maximizing established social media platform engagement; (3) modern office practices, including communal office space and online gatherings (4) Website editing and database management (WordPress)
- Effectively structure and organize tasks of different priorities while being flexible to address new challenges and learn new skills
- Ability and willingness to travel and work irregular hours depending on organizational commitments, including membership meetings, annual convocation, and partnership meetings/conferences.
- Intercultural competency training; English/Spanish verbal and written proficiency preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts required; Master of Arts in a Catholic field preferred
- 3+ years of related or equivalent experience
- Experience working with national, regional, and/or diocesan Catholic church structures
Salary for this position is competitive commensurate with prior experience. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, exempt position.
To apply, provide a professional resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experiences to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted until position filled.
Application materials will only be accepted electronically.
Download a PDF of this Job Opening here: Director of Mission Integration _ NCCL